It was a night of firsts.

I wrote my first Twitter widget. It is the 'Latest Tweet' widget on the far right column of the page that uses Twitter's public JSONP API to pull in my last Twitter update.

The only thing even mildly interesting is that it has a couple of regexes that finds any '@' names and links them up and (naively) hooks up any hyperlinks as well. These weren't difficult, but they always take a little bit of tinkering to get right.

More excitingly, I think, is that I decided to push it out to github under a BSD license. This is technically my first open source software, minor as it is.